Lone Star Young Artists Daily Schedule
Students will receive 6-hours of instruction each day to include:
- Master Class/lesson: students will share a 60-minute lesson with one other student of similar playing level
- Group/Technique Class: students will receive music in advance and are expected to learn the music prior to arrival.
- Enrichment class: one to be chosen from the following two:
- Viola for Violinists: a course recommended for violinists who want to expand their opportunities for playing in chamber music groups. (Young Musicians, Inc. will provide a rental for an additional $10 charge. You may select viola rental during the registration process.)
- Compose and Compute: Learn to compose an original piece using Sibelius music software in a very creative and fun way.
- Chamber Ensemble: students will be grouped according to playing level. Students will receive chamber music in advance and are expected to learn the music prior to arrival.
- Dalcroze: Dalcroze Eurhythmics is a unique, exciting, and powerful education in and through music. Rhythmic movement, intense listening, and improvisation unlock creativity, nurture imagination, and open the doors to enriched and enlivened music making.
In addition, a variety of music and social activities are provided each evening to enhance the student’s overall camp experience.